Every year my family and I have been fortunate to take a family vacation- a destination selected and planned by me without many restrictions, the only one being, that travel takes place in August. We usually alternate years with an exotic trip abroad with something in the states the following year. This year we will be going to Kauai and Maui.
Hawaii is a special place for me for 2 reasons: 1. Kauai is where Reggie and I got married way back in 1989.
2. It is the first place I traveled alone as a child.
My girl scout troop went to Hawaii when I was in the 6th grade. I remember the trip vividly, my mom gave me $30.00 for spending money and I was going to be there for 7 days which was about 4.00 per day, by the way most of our meals were included, but I wanted to bring all my family members a souvenir back from this tropical paradise. So even back then 30.00 did not go far, so my 11 year old brain decided that I could shoplift the 5 gifts I needed for my family. There was no rhyme or reason to what I stole just the right opportunity, I just could not return empty handed, so hence my gifts were a collection of oddities but never the less a gift from Hawaii.
Now that summer is here, this is my
list that I would like to cross off by the time Labor Day arrives.
- Take advantage of our Cali beaches
- Host a couple of fun dinner parties.
- Give a face lift to my back yard.
- Create a studio space to “paint” some portraits.
- Hollywood Bowl summer nights.
- Scrubs at my favorite Korean spa.
- Paddle boarding
- Mermaid shoots.
- A boudoir b-day celebration with some of my BFF’s
- Fix and or get a new bike and start riding again
- bump up my workouts so I’m not hiding behind a coverup on my Hawaii trip
- Try some new outdoor brunch spots that are veggie friendly
What’s on your summer wish list? I’d love to know-