I don’t shop as much as I used to- It’s not as if I don’t like “stuff” but after a while it becomes a question of “do I really need that”? My lifestyle dictates a more relaxed look, when shooting I wear all black, I like dressing up on the weekends occasionally, of course I have my gym clothes and yes I still love shoes, but there is really not much else that I need. Maybe it is part of growing up or getting to a point where you love certain items and you don’t mine wearing the same thing over and over.
I was thinking about what were my favorite purchases of 2015 and here is what I came up with in no particular order…
1. Bernardaud Victoire china- This was my china pattern that I registered for when we got married. I never completed my set and now it is discontinued. So I have been finding pieces here and there on eBay and other antique online stores. I have almost completed my set-and yes I’m not waiting to use them.
2. Paul Smith glasses- I confess I need reading glasses- either that or print is getting smaller and smaller! Since I have accepted this fact of life, I have graduated from the drug store reading glasses and I now pick out frames that I like and have them made with my prescription.
3. Valentino Rock Stud Pumps- I love love love this shoe! I started to get black or nude, but I decided life is short… get pink instead- I have no regrets.
4. Color corrector by Bobbi Brown- I love this product- it corrects those little blemishes, in my case discoloration that appeared out of nowhere in the last few years.
5. Mui Mui cross body bag- this little colorful bag makes me happy. I love having my hands free, it is roomy and can hold quite a bit.
6. Old fashioned champagne glasses, that I found on One Kings Lane. The gold motif looks like leopard print.
7. Cordless vacuum by dyson- I can’t say enough about this little gadget- I am able to stay on top of kitty hair with this powerful little tool.
8. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla- I love this spicy scent for winter. My friend Molly gave me a bottle of this for my birthday, when she noticed I was using a little sample. Love my friends…
9. Sergio Rossi Black sparkle pump- I wanted a classic timeless evening pump and I found one on sale no less!
10. Evening gown that I had made- I always buy off the rack, but this time I decided to have a gown made- Emiliano Moreno designed my gown and it was so nice to put something on that fit perfectly…
11. Cam-ranger -This gadget allows me to shoot and immediately upload to my computer so I can see the image right away. Really works well for self portraits.
12. Sevi towel- I picked this towel up at a craft fair, and it is perfect for drying my hair without creating frizz- it is big enough that I can make a turban-after years of wearing my hair natural I have learned that each step is critical to the end result.
What were your favorite purchases this past year? Do you have any vices? Please share- so I know I’m not the only one…