Growing up, Labor Day always signified going back to school and the archaic “fashion” rule of the end of wearing “white”, both are now passe, with schools starting as early as August and “white” is a year around basic in California.
An extra long weekend before the fall season begins, a time to catch a few more moments to relax. My son is back at school, starting his last year of high school, so we are empty nesters once again. End of summer, beginning of fall, a time for me to plan a strong ending to a rocky year. It’s going to be busy, with my son submitting college applications, the normal holiday stuff, and a few photography projects I have in the works. I will HAVE to be incredibly organized!
What my intentions are for fall:
1. Refresh my workouts–I’m been digging barre classes, and really wanting to focus on workouts that are fun and get results. I know at my age I need to step it up, and constantly change in order to shock my body. I will keep you posted on what is working.
2. Taking a film class at UCLA, I have always been intrigued by moving images and would like to explore a little.
3. Replant my veggie garden for fall and winter.
4. A few home projects…maybe get a few window treatments and some new linens for my bed.
5. Fine tune my diet–there is always room for improvement.
6. Work on my photography craft- always seeking beautiful light and backdrops to capture my clients, and making time to create images that make me smile.
6. Lastly, continue to work on minimizing what no longer serves me.
What are your intentions for the FAll?
A quote I stumbled on that really sums it up…
GET RID OF THE TRASH TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE TREASURES: LET THE THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TAKE CENTER STAGE.
Happy Labor Day Monday,