Yesterday I returned from a whirlwind trip to Atlanta, to attend the PPA Imaging photography conference and then I went to Mammoth on a girls ski trip. Sufficed to say, I love to travel, but sometimes traveling can be stressful, especially getting through the airport process. Here are a few of my tips for making your travel experience effortless.
- A day before- check on your flight, print or download your boarding pass, hotel reservation, car rental or transportation and have your passport/ID handy.
- Make and use a packing list, I have a few that I created that really help so that I don’t forget anything. I have a photography gear list, gadget list, ski trip list, warm weather vacation list etc. that I print out prior to packing.
- Keep your toiletries bag packed and ready.
- Have a nice travel outfit that is comfortable and looks nice, I like to dress in layers-
- Invest in a good carry on tote that can carry your electronics, snacks, magazines, scarf, etc. pack it the day before with all your plane essentials.
- Download movies, videos, etc. on your phone or iPad .
- Backup Charger
- Bring magazines- I find cross country flights are a perfect time to get caught up.
- A large scarf is a must- I use mine like a small blanket- I’m glad I did not throw away all those pashminas that were so popular a few years ago. A travel pillow if you like that sort of thing- the few times I brought one of those, there was no place to put it, and I always loose them anyway.
- Bring snacks/lite lunch- airport food is almost non-existent. I like to bring a couple pieces of fruit, protein bar, and tea bags.
- Skip 6, 7, 10 and 11 if you are flying business or first class.
- If you are not flying Business or first class- upgrade your flight so you can board early- I have to have my gear with me and I cannot have my bag taken due to all the overhead space being full.
- Perfume sample of your favorite scent.
- anti-bacterial wipes
- TSA Pre-check- I’m not officially signed up for this but 90% of the time this is printed on my boarding pass- really makes a difference if you a running late.
- Cute shoe that is easy to remove if you are not TSA Pre-check
- Socks or little slippers for long plane rides.
- Oh, and get to the airport- and allow plenty of time for the process…
- And lastly-be nice to the flight attendants and your fellow passengers .
What are some of your travel tips? Do you have any trips planned for 2016? I have a few planned, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Bali, Chicago and maybe Kauai or some other tropical destination.